About this course
You’ve broken up with your partner. You know this person treated you badly, cheated on you and took advantage of your good nature. In fact, you now believe he or she is a sociopath. So why are you still in love? Why is it so hard to get over loving a sociopath?
Donna Andersen, author of Lovefraud.com, explains that it’s not love that you feel — it’s addiction. Scientists believe that all romantic love is addictive. But because of how sociopaths hijack the human bonding system, involvement with these disordered individuals is even more addictive.
Donna presents the three steps of breaking the hold that your ex has on you and moving on with your life. You’ll learn the truth behind your relationship with the sociopath, how to overcome the obsession that you feel, and how to process the emotional pain. Donna will also answer your questions.
No matter how broken-hearted you feel after dating a sociopath, it’s possible to recover. With this webinar, you’ll learn how.
- Why all romantic love is an addiction
- Why the addiction to sociopaths is worse than a normal relationship
- 12 facts you must believe about your involvement with the sociopath
- How to break your obsession with the sociopath
- How to heal your deep emotional pain
About the instructor
Donna Andersen is author of Lovefraud.com, a website that teaches people to recognize and recover from sociopaths. She is also author of Red Flags of Love Fraud—10 signs you’re dating a sociopath and the Red Flags of Love Fraud Workbook.
Donna learned about sociopaths the hard way—by marrying one. She tells the whole outrageous story in her first book, Love Fraud—How marriage to a sociopath fulfilled my spiritual plan.
Donna has collected more than 10,000 cases of people targeted by sociopaths, and has conducted eight Internet surveys of survivors. She has presented her research on sociopaths to the Society for the Scientific Study of Psychopathy. Donna is the program administrator for Lovefraud CE, which offers continuing education about personality disorders for survivors and mental health professionals.
Donna has appeared on television shows including ABC News 20/20, Who the Bleep Did I Marry?, My Life is a Lifetime Movie, Handsome Devils, Urban Legends and The Ricki Lake Show. She has been interviewed for multiple radio shows, print articles and web posts.
Many Lovefraud readers thank Donna for saving their lives.
Cost and credits
The cost for this course is only $25 for 90 minutes — 60 minutes of instruction and 30 minutes of questions and answers from the original presentation. Once you purchase the course, you can access it online as long and as often as you want. All Lovefraud webinars are 100% guaranteed.
Although this course does not award continuing education credits, you will be able to download a certificate of achievement upon completion.
After this course, you should be able to:
- Know why you still want your partner, even though he or she is bad for you
- Understand the reality of your involvement with your disordered partner
- Take steps to overcome your addiction to the sociopath
- Implement No Contact to get your partner out of your life
- Begin healing your internal pain, so you can recover from the experience
60 minutes instruction
- Goals in recovery from dating a sociopath
- What is a sociopath?
- Feelings of falling in love
- Love is a motivation system
- Romantic love is addictive
- Romantic rejection
- Your brain in love
- Psychological love bond
- Biology of trust
- Abuse, fear and anxiety
- Intermittent reinforcement
- Hijacking our bonding system
- Breaking the addiction
- 12 facts you must believe
- Think of sociopaths as aliens
- Change your worldview
- What was the truth?
- Obsession is normal
- Establishing No Contact
- Treat it as an addiction
- Happy with the next partner?
- Manage your obsession
- EFT Tapping
- Emotional recovery
- Notice your feelings
- Deep emotional healing
- Connection to earlier pain
- Betrayal trauma
- Releasing the well of pain
- Looking for joy
- The silver lining
- Why we fell for the sociopath
- An incident in your life
5 minutes of questions and answers
Here’s a preview of this webinar:
Why is it hard to get over loving a sociopath — even though you believe this person is bad for you? Because sociopaths hijack the human bonding system. Here’s how to break your obsession, recover emotionally and move on with your life.
Why it’s so hard to get over loving a sociopath and how you can recover – $25