About this course
Someone is creating havoc in your life, and you’re beginning to think that he or she has a personality disorder. How do you know for sure? And then what? How do you navigate narcissists and other manipulative people?
In this webinar, licensed professional counselor Mandy Friedman explains narcissistic behavior patterns and traits, including how they choose their targets (it’s for your strengths, not your weaknesses). Then, she delivers tips and strategies for dealing with narcissists, antisocials, psychopaths and other exploiters.
The best strategy is No Contact — cutting the person out of your life. But sometimes that isn’t possible. In those situations, you need other tools, such as putting everything in writing, setting time limits, and more. Learn how to defuse the insanity of disordered behavior and protect your vulnerable self.
- Narcissistic personalities and patterns
- What manipulators look for — strength and resilience
- Tools for dealing with narcissists — like No Contact and grey rock
- Getting honest about the people in your life
- Knowing your limitations and resources
About the instructor Mandy Friedman
Mandy Friedman, LPCC-S, CCDVC, is a licensed professional clinical counselor and certified clinical domestic violence counselor. Mandy is the creator of the educational program S.N.A.P. — Survivors of Narcissistic and Abusive Personalities. This program teaches survivors and concerned loved ones about abusive personalities, targets of abuse, abusive relationships and life in recovery from abuse.
In her private practice, Clermont Mental Health, Mandy specializes in treating survivors of Cluster B personalities. She is also familiar with the role of addiction and substance abuse in abusive relationships. Mandy’s clients are often in need of trauma-informed care as part of their recovery. This has led her to become an expert on the topic of Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD). To help her clients, Mandy utilizes mindfulness based cognitive therapy (MBCT), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and psycho-education.
Mandy is a survivor of abuse and has first-hand knowledge of what survivors endure in abusive circumstances and living a healthy life after abuse.
More Lovefraud webinars by Mandy Friedman, LPCC-S, CCDVC:
- Start your recovery from emotional and psychological abuse
- Self-care for survivors
- Self-care for complex PTSD
Cost and credits
The cost for this course is only $25 for 60 minutes of instruction. Once you purchase the course, you can access it online as long and as often as you want.
Although this course does not award continuing education credits, you will be able to download a certificate of achievement upon completion.
After this course, Tools for navigating narcissists and other manipulative people, you should be able to:
- Identify narcissists and manipulators
- Understand how manipulators choose their targets
- Build a toolbox for dealing with disordered personalities
- Spot and neutralize flying monkeys
- Protect yourself through emotional shielding
Tools for navigating narcissists program agenda
55 minutes instruction
- How to identify narcissists and manipulators
- Who are they?
- Observable patterns and personality features
- How they choose their targets
- Chosen for strength, not weakness
- The spectrum of abusive personalities
- Unhealthy and untreated
- Borderline personality disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Tools for navigating narcissists and other toxic people
- No Contact
- Grey rock
- Plus more
- Examine your inner circle
- Flying monkeys
- Induced communication tactics
- The magic of time limitations
- Emotional shielding
- Content vs. intent
- Engage in strategic thinking
- Know your limitations and monitor your resources
5 minutes questions and answers
Sometimes it’s not possible to cut a disordered person out of your life. Learn the tools and strategies you need for navigating narcissists, such as emotional shielding, time limits and neutralizing flying monkeys.