Vicki Kuper is a brave and courageous soul who speaks out about how she and her family were and continue to be stalked by a human-predator!!!!! In this webinar, Vicki openly and honestly points out ho
Coping with Stalking: How to overcome fear and fight back – strategies from a woman who’s done it – $25
Someone won’t leave you alone. This person follows you, calls or texts constantly, shows up at your home or workplace, sends you unwanted gifts, or threatens you. As a result, you feel vulnerable, unsafe, anxious, stressed and afraid. You are being stalked.
Vicki Kuper knows exactly what you’re going through. She lived it. The man who stalked her called her 1,200 times — in one month. That’s an average of 400 times per day. Authorities issued a No Contact order — but the man was charged with violating it 24 times. Vicki, however, refused to live her life in fear. She took steps to protect herself and her family. Even though some cops and prosecutors didn’t want to get involved, she pushed the legal system to intervene.
In this course, Vicki tells you what she endured, and how she overcame. If you are being stalked, she explains steps you can take to enhance your security. Through her advice and inspiring story, you’ll learn how to move on with your life and thrive, despite the tactics of the stalker.
- The three elements that make up the legal definition of stalking
- How to live fully, in spite of the possibility of physical harm
- The consequences of giving in to a stalker’s demands — and of not giving in
- What you can do to protect yourself if you are being stalked
- Understanding how the legal system regards stalking cases, and how you can get them to act
About the instructor
Vicki Kuper is a stalking/domestic violence victim and survivor. Her ordeal began in June of 2008 when she broke off a relationship with a man that she could see was going to turn violent. The next morning her ex broke into her home and assaulted her. That day he set out on a quest to insert himself back into her life, which failed. He then set out on a quest for revenge that Vicki deals with to this day. Authorities filed 45 charges against him, the result of many incidents in which he targeted Vicki and her children. He filed 2 lawsuits against her, both of which she fought and won. He received a total sentence of 21 years in prison, which he served only 4 ½ years. Vicki has gained a wealth of knowledge in dealing with being stalked. She was forced to advocate for herself and her children while navigating through the judicial system.
Vicki refuses to live the life of a victim and has had much success living as normal a life as possible in her rural Iowa town. There is much to be learned from her lengthy battle to get this person out of her life. She is determined to raise awareness on the issue of stalking with victims, law enforcement, victim’s advocates, prosecutors and anyone else who can be helped by her experience.
Cost and credits
The cost for this course is only $25 for 60 minutes of instruction. Once you purchase the course, you can access it online as long and as often as you want.
Although this course does not award continuing education credits, you will be able to download a certificate of achievement upon completion.
After this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the signs of stalking
- Take concrete steps to protect yourself and your family
- Assess what could happen, and learn to live in spite of the possibilities
- Advocate for yourself in the judicial system
- Choose happiness, despite the actions of the stalker
Instruction — 55 minutes
- 3 elements of stalking
- Examples of stalking behavior
- My mission — and his mission
- 45 charges filed against him
- His relentless pursuit
- Thousands of phone calls and texts
- Waiting for me near my home
- More stalking after each arrest
- Attempts to have me arrested
- Harassing my children
- Threatening voicemails
- Coming to terms with the possibilities
- Considering the consequences
- What you can do if you are being stalked
- Legal abuse
- Navigating the judicial system
- Physical and mental survival tactics
Here’s a preview of this course:
You’re unnerved — the stalker won’t let you alone. The person calls or texts constantly, shows up at your home or workplace, even threatens you. Take this course and learn how to protect yourself and your family, and convince the authorities to act.