Mental health professionals
Certain Lovefraud CE courses provide continuing education credits to mental health professionals. The number of credits, when available, is clearly listed with the course information.
Two types of online training
Please verify that your licensing board accepts credits for online training. Lovefraud CE offers two types of webinars:
- Live Online — the instructor presents the webinar live at a scheduled date and time, while you participate from your computer. The instructor is available to answer questions via chat from you and other learners. This initial webinar is recorded.
- Self Study On Demand — this is a recording of the initial webinar that you take at your convenience. The instructor is not available to answer questions.
Requirements for credits
In order to claim credits, you must complete the entire course,pass the final quiz with a score of at least 80 percent correct and complete an evaluation. You may also be required to include a validation code that was presented during the webinar and affirm your identity.
Please note: webinars are timed, and you cannot advance to the review and quiz until the entire webinar has finished playing. Then you can click the “Mark Complete” button and move forward.
How to claim credits
Some licensing boards limit the number of credit hours you can earn via self study. Please check with your board’s requirements. For example, see New York State requirements for social workers on their website, FAQ #28 and #29.
Lovefraud Education and Recovery is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Lovefraud Education and Recovery maintains responsibility for the programs and their content.
The following courses are approved by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) for continuing education credit:
- Love and Exploitation
- Overcoming children’s genetic risk for externalizing disorders
- The Five Step Exit: Tools you need to help clients leave a psychopath, narcissist or other toxic partner
- How the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) supports traumatized clients in court
- Facilitating professionally run support groups for partners in exploitative relationships
Most states accept the NASW approval.
For the complete list of states accepting NASW approval, visit:
Oregon social workers
Board of Licensed Social Workers accepts approval by the American Psychological Assn.
Idaho social workers
The Board of Social Work Examiners does not pre-approve courses for credit, but does accept Internet-based courses.
Other Mental Health Professionals
The Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts approval by the National Association of Social Workers and the American Psychological Association. This covers the following professions:
- Licenses Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT)
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
- Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEP)
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC)
If you have questions, please contact Terry Kelly at [email protected].